Wednesday, March 26, 2008

From Death to Life John 5:24-27

Sermon nuggets Weds March 26

Theme Easter Benefits

Verses- John 5:24-27 "I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life.
25 I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live.
26 For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son to have life in himself.
27 And he has given him authority to judge because he is the Son of Man.(NIV)

Granted Life
What a wonderful thought this Easter season, “he (who believes) has crossed over from death to life”.

We talked about faith all last week. Part of faith is believing, and part is receiving. He gives us this Easter privilege of passing also from death to life, just as He did.
“The dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live.”

A street preacher was preaching on the London sidewalks when a personal servant of the queen, a woman by the name of Lady Anna, passed by in a gorgeous carriage. She stopped to listen. The speaker directed his attention toward her. In a voice loud enough for all to hear he exclaimed, “Brethren, may I have your attention a moment? I am going to have an auction. I intend to sell that young lady to the highest bidder. I know of three who want to buy her; the world, the devil and Christ. World, what will you pay for her? Riches, honor and pleasure? Not enough, she is worth far more than that. Devil, what will you bid? All the possessions, fame and riches of this earth? Not enough, riches disappear like the night when the morning sun comes up. I hear the voice of the 3rd buyer, Jesus Christ. What do you bid Lord Jesus? ‘I give her my grace here and in eternity, I bid my life.’”

Turning to the surprised and embarrassed young lady, the speaker went on. “What do you think of this bargain? Remember you are eternally the property of the Lord Jesus, He died for you. Can you, will you dare to refuse to surrender to Him?”

The promise is life, not only now, but forever. The dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live, now and in the future. Jesus never had any doubts as to the outcome. The truth of the Son of God is believed even when he was arrested, beaten crucified and placed in the grave. The triumph of Jesus resurrection is believed by the disciples and followers for the centuries upon centuries that followed. The ultimate victory is in the power of who He is. Who He is was finally determined at His resurrection. That life is now available to you and me and whoever will hear.

What a wonderful Easter blessing!

Pastor Dale